Sunday, January 31, 2010

I got my toes in the water, ass in the sand... well, almost.

So here I am, 5 nights away from leaving the northeast and have I started packing? 500 dollars if you get this answer right. If you said yes, you're wrong and don't get 500 dollars. If you said no, you're right. You also don't get 500 dollars. I lied.

It's not that I'm not ready to go. I'm DYING to get out of Newtown and have wanted this for so long. I guess it's more that I'm not even sure where to begin. It's hard to figure out what to bring for 27 months. Granted, I'm only allowed 2 checked bags with a maximum combined weight of 80 pounds, so already I'm somewhat limited. I've sort of already mentally decided some of the stuff I'm bringing, it's just a matter of actually getting it all together. To those of you that have been away from home for an extended period of time, and even those of you that haven't, can you think of anything you'd want to bring if you were in my shoes?

Anyways, the next few days will definitely be busy. I'm heading up to Boston tomorrow to see some friends before I go, back to CT on Tuesday to spend the day with my lovely Justyna and my niece Maddie, EHAC Wednesday, and then last minute scrambling things together on Thursday, then it's off to Florida early Friday morning! :0)

Okay, enough procrastinating. Time to start packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment